Help! I Need A (Better) Job!
July 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
We all have talent. But are you aware of how your talent and skills could transfer to higher paying jobs?
This webinar is designed for those who are stuck in a job, unemployed, or who recognize that they need to continuously fine tune their skills and interests to keep pace with a fast changing world of work.
This 90-minute webinar will explore:
• How to use your previous occupation history to explore your talent and skills and discover the myriad of occupations that align to those skills
• Identify training opportunities to add the skills needed to find higher paying occupations
• Demystify connecting with two-year colleges as an efficient means for retooling and adding the skills needed to increase your employability
• Understand when and how to connect with certified career professionals
• Awareness of CareerOneStop Centers and how they can support your job search efforts
• Learn about the value of online career information systems to support your career management efforts
• Resources and strategies for individuals with disabilities
MODERATOR & PANELISTS
V. Scott H. Solberg, Boston University Wheelock College of Education & Human Development
Lorin Buksa, North Shore Community College
Abiola Dipeolu, Texas A&M University-Kingsville
Kathy Evans, NCDA
Carolyn Frantz, North Shore Community College
Sharon Givens, NCDA
Seth Hayden, NCDA
Angela McCabe, Boston Private Industry Council
Brian Rowe, IntoCareers at University of Oregon
If you have any questions or requests, please email firstname.lastname@example.org